This building was the headquarters of the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society from 1841 onwards. In the light of later associations of Methodism with the teetotal movement it may come as a surprise to learn that the site was bought along with the City of London Tavern. The building was adapted and rebuilt by William Fuller Pocock (1779-1849), a Wesleyan Methodist himself. It was rebuilt in 1902-03, and served as Mission House until the Second World War, when a new Mission House was built on Marylebone Road. That building was subsequently repurposed as Methodist Church House, serving as such until 2022.