London, Hammersmith, Rivercourt Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel, facade, 31.01.2019
Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel, fron north west, , 31.01.2019
Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel, entrance and plaque, 31.01.2019
Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel, from northeasr, 31.01.2019
Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel, Church House, 31.01.2019
Twickenham, Rivercourt Road , WM Chapel,church house plaqie, 31.01.2019, WM Chapel, Church House plaqie, 31.01.2019

Rivercourt Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1875 in the gothic style. Adjacent to the chapel is a building called Rivercout Church House which seems to be a nineteenth century building to which a front extension was added in the 1920s or 30s. In 1940 the chapel seated 1000 in pews. There were two schoolrooms and four other rooms. The chapel continues to be used as a Methodist place of worship but Church House is now in commercial use.
Sources
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No 96
Site visit 31/1/2019

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *