The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Yeovil was built in Middle Street in 1824. At the time of the 1851 Religious Census the Stewards claimed an attendance of 250.
The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple in 1869, and replaced Middle Street.
At the time of the 1873 returns of accomodation this chapel could seat 650, and in the 1940 Statistical returns, the seating capacity was calculated as 610.
This church is now was a listed building, as can be seen here
Grid Reference: ST559160
The fifteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1869 p132
Osborn, Bob “The A-to-Z of Yeovil history: Methodist Meeting House, Middle Street” Accessed June 3, 2019 http://www.yeovilhistory.info/wesleyan-middlestreet.htm
Osborn, Bob “The A-to-Z of Yeovil history: Vicarage Street Methodist Church” Accessed June 3, 2019 http://www.yeovilhistory.info/methodist-church.htm