Sparkford Road, West Camel, BA22 7RB
The picture and postcard collection at Englesea Brook Museum of Primitive Methodism contains a number of pictures of chapels which we are not sure about. West Camel chapel turned out to be a former Wesleyan one – thanks to John Anderson for the information.
The chapel was built in 1908 and in 2018 is still active in the Somerset Mendip Methodist Circuit. There is more about it on the West Camel Village Website, including the information that
“West Camel Methodists had previously worshipped in an “upper room” above a carpenter’s shop in Keep Street (right). The thatched roof leaked when it rained, and when the congregation was large (it seated 80) props had to be placed beneath the floor to support it!”