Radstock Wesleyan Methodist chapel 1902
The decision to close Trinity Methodist church in Fortescue Road, Radstock, the former Wesleyan Methodist chapel, was taken in January 2022. The chapel was opened in 1902 and was successor to a chapel in Coombe End – which still survives as a carpet warehouse.
The opening festivities were presided over by Alderman James McMurtie of South Hill House the Manager of the Countess of Waldegrave’s collieries. It rained. South Hill house no longer stands. Its now the site of Bath College formally Norton- Radstock Technical College.