The building illustrated here is still in use, and was the third chapel on the site in Church Street, Melbourne, Derbyshire.
The architects, Wilson and Willcox, had as their senior partner James Wilson (1816-1900) who had designed Kingswood School in 1851.
Designed to seat 400, by the time of the 1970 Statistical Returns this had been reduced to 150
Grid Ref; SK386251
Reference: The fifteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1869 page 127