The chapel in the classical style illustrated here was the third on the site. In 1873 the seating was calculated as 591. This increased to 650 in 1940, and then down to 500 according to the 1970 returns. The building is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: SK382712
Reference: The seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 page 131