The return from Eckington Wesleyan Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship records that the society was meeting in a chapel erected in 1807. This chapel was replaced in 1876 by a second chapel erected by his family as a memorial to George Wells, colliery owner, of Eckington Hall.
Eckington Wesleyan Methodist chapel was located on High Street with the Sunday school behind the chapel, fronting on to Stead Street. The chapel is already in existence on the 1875 map showing the 1807 chapel was on the same site.. By the 1898 map it appears there are wide steps in front of the building. By the 1967 map, it is labelled “works” and is back to the original footprint.
The chapel was demolished in 1977 around the period when the road was re-aligned.
On Street View in 2008 onwards, there is a bungalow on the site.