The building illustrated was designed by Messrs Brewill and Baily of Nottingham , and built on the corner of Derby Road and College Street in 1904. It was originally known as Wesley, but it is still in use as Christ Church Methodist church.
Designed to seat 800, at the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 546.
The church was constructed of Coxbench stone, with white Hollington stone dressings for the windows, doors and copings. An English oak roof was covered with light sea-green Westmoreland slates.
There were also schools attached, with ten classrooms, kitchen and lavatories. This building was constructed of brick.
Grid Ref: SK483340
Reference: The Building News 87, 1904 page 73
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947