Thanks to Linda Robertson for supplying pictures of St John’s Chapel Wesleyan Methodist chapel on Hood Street. In time it became St John’s Chapel Methodist church. After being disused for some years, in 2020 Linda’s pictures show it being redeveloped.
St John’s Chapel also had a Primitive Methodist chapel further east on Hood Street.
Durham archives has records from 1898 of the chapel. Was that when it was built?