This Wesleyan chapel was opened in 1903 and seated 746. It replaced an earlier chapel elsewhere on Old Elvet opened in 1808. The Wesleyan Methodists had previously worshipped in Rotten Row from 1770 to 1808, although followers of Wesley had been in the city since 1743. It is the home of Durham University Methsoc.
The story of Durham Methodism can be found here
Grid reference NZ276423