Standing on Main Road, this chapel opened in 1866 with seating for around 110. Separate Sunday school accommodation was not provided until 1964 – a purpose built room being dedicated in the June of that year.
On Methodist Union (1932), it dropped its sectional title and was known as West Winch South Methodist. The Primitive chapel became West Winch North. Plans in 1938 to replace both chapels with one new structure did not materialise.
The former Primitive closed in 1962, leaving the ex-Wesleyan as the only Nonconformist place of worship here.
Notwithstanding low attendances by 1970, the building was kept open due to large numbers attending the Sunday school.
Closure eventually came in 1974, after which it was sold and demolished.
Wesleyan Returns of Accommodation 1873
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical Returns 1940