Standing on Lynn Road is this well-proportioned chapel (now closed) of red brick with stone dressings. The tracery of the large window on the front gable end is in the Perpendicular style. At the rear is the attached former Sunday school building.
Opening on 16th January 1901 on a generous plot donated by Mr M Starling, it had 160 sittings. John Hillam of Lynn was the architect, and Messrs Spaulding the builders.
It replaced a chapel of 1811 which had seating for 145. At one time there were two other Methodist chapels here, the New Connexion (closed 1906) and the Primitive (closed 1932).
It was a member of the relevant King’s Lynn circuits.
Closed circa 2020.
Wesleyan Returns of Accommodation 1873
Lynn Advertiser 18th January 1901 and 15th December 1933
Methodist Church Buildings Statistical Returns 1940
Lynn News 12th January 1926