The old Wesleyan chapel standing on St Peter’s Road opened in 1870 on land donated by Mr Vincent. The stone laying ceremony took place in the April, and the inaugural service in the July.
Construction cost £210, the joinery being carried out by Thomas Ellis of West Lynn. Seating capacity was 130.
An earlier Wesleyan chapel in West Lynn may have been taken over by the New Connexion, but little is forthcoming about this.
On the front elevation the round-headed windows appear to be original, although the fenestration to the sides has been altered. A stone on the gable end reads: Wesleyan Chapel AD 1870.
It closed in 2012 and is now a dwelling.
Norfolk News 30th April 1870
Norwich Mercury 30th July 1870
Wesleyan Returns of Accommodation 1873