The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple (1836-1921).
It is now a Grade II listed building.
In 1873 it was listed as seating 244. At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 215, which increased to 220 in 1970.
Grid Ref: SS596312
Reference: The fourteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1868 page 128