The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple (1836-1921) who was Head Teacher at Barnstaple School of Art, and also ran the local pottery.
The chapel was believed to seat 809 in 1873, and 900 in 1940.
Grid Ref: SS559332
Reference: The fourteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1868 page 119
Returns of Accommodation 1873
Statistical returns 1940