The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple in 1863, and was the third Wesleyan chapel to be built in Ilfracombe. It was itself replaced by a larger building in Wilder Road in 1898. A photograph of the chapel as built, along with more information on Ilfracombe Methodism may be found here.
At the time of the 1873 returns of accomodation this chapel could seat 430.
Grid Ref: SS518478
Reference: The tenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1864 page 112