Martin Hannant tells us: “Salford Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built in 1847, on land given by the Thornton family, whose descendants supported it until its closure in 1991 after subsidence was discovered during a building inspection.
A Sunday School was founded in the 1950’s by the minister’s wife, Benita Kyle, who lived for a year in the Rectory flat. Highlights of the year were the Harvest Festival Play and Sale, Sunday School Anniversary with Prize giving and Christmas Nativity Play. Many
parents came along on these special occasions. About 20 children attended the Sunday School regularly over the next several decades.
Families who supported the evening services included the Bayliss, Fletcher, Fry, Newman, Pearce, Souch, Thornton and Wallington families. The chapel closed and was sold in 1992. “
Street View shows it on Chapel Lane in residential use.