Martin Hannant tells us: “The earliest authority for a Wesleyan congregation is recorded in the Quarter session records for Oxfordshire in 1794, when a request is made for the registration of the house of Robert Heydon as a meeting house.
In the 19th century, a Wesleyan service was held in a room in an old house at Tite End, now pulled down, called the Lodge Room. In 1829 James Walford sold for £25 to the first Wesleyan trustees a piece of ground taken out of Well Close adjoining Tite Lane for the trustees to build a chapel. This first chapel was pulled down in 1875 when the present chapel was built on Chapel Street off Mobbs Lane.
The chapel was wrecked by a gale in 1985 and sold in 1986. “
There is modern housing on the site on Street View by 2009