Thanks to Martin Hannant for the following information:
“By 1847 there was a small community of protestant dissenters and the house of one of them, John Benfield, was registered as a place of religious worship. This was presumably the house used in 1851 as a Methodist meeting served from Chipping Norton. In 1851 a small red brick chapel was built. About 1870 it was extended by the addition of a Sunday school room though there seems to have been no Sunday school since the 19th century.
The chapel was still part of the Chipping Norton circuit in 1960 and had congregations of 6 or 7 people; services were held every Sunday eve. “
The chapel was on Chapel Lane and still stands with the same footprint as Chapel House, It has retained its datestone