Marlborough Road Wesleyan Methodist chapel was designed by George Woodhouse of Bolton. He had an extensive practice, designing at least thirty chapels, as well as the training college at Didsbury and Methodist Central Hall in Manchester.
Built to seat 1200 people, this building is still in use as Marlborough Road, Banbury Methodist Church, and has 119 members.
The photograph shows the chapel as it now is.
Grid ref: SP455403
The tenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1864 page 115
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947