The building illustrated stands in New Street, Shipston-on-Stour, and was designed by John Wills of Derby, who was a major nonconformist architect of the nineteenth century, designing at least forty chapels for the Connexion. It was built to seat 188 people.
It is still open for worship, with 22 members.
The photograph shows the chapel in 2000.
Grid Ref: 594577
The twenty-sixth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1880 page 140
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947