The building illustrated was designed by James Wilson of Wilson and Willcox of Bath, who was a prominent Wesleyan architect responsible for Kingswood School and Headingley College. The building replaced a previous chapel, Ebenezer, in Church Lane.
Seating 360, the chapel was closed in 1971.
Grid Ref: SU340659
The fifteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1869 page 118
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947