Cookham Rise Wesleyan Methodist Chapel 1 was situated in a side road off Lower Road. Its date of construction has not been established but it was marked on a map of 1897-99. It was probably closed when the Lower Road Chapel, qv, opened in 1905.
There was no mention of this chapel in the 1873 accommodation returns but it was in being in 1887 when it was described as a small iron chapel
OS 25inch sheets Berkshire XXIV6 1897-99
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1873/49
Kelly’s Directory of Berkshire, 1887 p52