The first Wesleyan chapel in Rochford was opened in Market Alley in 1822, and the society moved to North Street in 1841. According to the 1873 Accommodation returns, that chapel was rented and could seat 150. The building illustrated was designed by Charles Bell (1846-1899), one of a number of Wesleyan Methodist chapels in his portfolio .
At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 200. It is still in use as a Methodist church.
Grid Ref: TQ877906
Reference: The twenty-sixth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1880 page 139