The building illustrated was built in 1871. It was replaced in 1914 with an iron church. Membership was never large, and the church was closed in 1939, damaged by bombs in 1943, opened again in 1949, and finally closed in 1959 and the site was sold.
The architect, Elijah Hoole (1838-1912) was the son of the Rev. Elijah Hoole, General Secretary of the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society, and he was also responsible for the design of Wesleyan chapels in Newfoundland, Belize, and south London. His other main area of work was in social housing.
The chapel was built to seat 264.
Grid reference TQ426801
Reference: The sixteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1870 page 123
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Faith in Newham: Methodism https://faithinnewham.co.uk/methodism/ [accessed 21 November 2019]