The school was opened on 15 January 1872 as Market Rasen Wesleyan Day School, with space for 240 children. Ownership of the school was transferred to Lindsey County Council in 1930 and it became Market Rasen Council School on 15 September. The school was closed on 30 July 1937 with senior pupils transferred to the new Market Rasen Central Senior Council School on the same site, and younger pupils transferred to the Market Rasen CE School.
Grid Ref: TF111890
Reference: The seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 page 127