Wesleyan Methodist chapels in 1812

The Rev. William Myles was an early historian of the Methodist Church, and four editions of his book A Chronological History of the People Called Methodists were published, the last in 1813.

As well as telling the history of the church, Myles also included lists of the preachers who had served, and the chapels that had been built. He sent out an annual questionnaire to his fellow ministers. The extract attached to this post lists all the chapels in 1812, being arranged by county and including the dates the various chapels were opened. The chapels in Ireland are included.

 

Source: Myles, William A Chronological History of the People Called Methodists, of the Connexion of the late Rev. John Wesley; from their Rise, in the Year 1729, to their Last Conference, in 1812, fourth edition, considerably enlarged. London: printed at the Conference-Office … by Thomas Cordeux, 1813, xi, 487 pp.

Downloads

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *