The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Hungerford was built in 1807, as the date plaque photographed by G.W. Oxley shows. The plaque is now in the grounds of the Bridge Street chapel.
In 1851 the chapel could seat 322. Attendance on the morning of March 30th was recorded as 173, with 79 in the Sunday school with 153 attending the evening service.
The congregation moved to a new church on Bath Road in 1869.