This school was built for children of men of the S. Mease & Son Chemical Works. It was known later as the East Jarrow Lake Chemical Works School, and was open from 1866 to 1913. A photograph of East Jarrow Wesleyan Methodist chapel is to be found on the Bede Circuit page on this site.
Reference: The Tenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1864 page 114
Tyne and Wear Archives. User Guide 15E Schools – South Tyneside.