This United Methodist Free Church Chapel to a design by Thomas Ambler, architect, was begun in order to replace Crosland Street Chapel. It was situated on the south side of Sweet Street West on the corner with Denison Row, now Bridge Road. The first stone was laid on the 25th March 1864 by Mr W H Conyers, and the walls had reached their full height ready for the roof, when the Midland Railway required the land for part of their Nineveh Road Engine Shed at Holbeck. Consequently, the building was taken down in 1864 and rebuilt to the same design on a slightly larger plot on the opposite (North) side of Sweet Street West, fronting Holbeck Lane.
Leeds, Holbeck, Prospect Chapel, Sweet Street West (South side)