Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Warwickshire
Four Oaks, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is a stone built structure situated in a prominent position on rising ground at the junction of Four Oaks Road and Lichfield Road. It was built in the Gothic style between 1901 and 1913. The main entrance is below a large window in the gable end of a nave which is flanked by narrow aisles. There are two transepts and a schoolroom and a square tower rises above the crossing. The building which houses the school and other rooms is behind and to one side of the chapel. In 1940 the chapel seated 340 and there was a schoolroom and eight other rooms. A modern extension has been added at the back of the building. The section visible from the road has been built in masonry to blend in with the older building but the opposite end has a very modern appearance.
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No173
25 inch OS for Warwickshire sheet IV 11, 1901-2. 1913-4.
Site visit 7.8.2019