The first chapel on this site was built in 1860, but the one illustrated here was built in 1872, to designs by Habershon and Pite, who were a major architectural practice responsible for a large number of Nonconformist chapels. In 1873 it seated 1021, but it was reported in 1940 that it could hold 1190. It was badly damaged in the Cardiff Blitz in 1941, and was demolished in 1955.
Grid Ref: ST192769
Reference: The eighteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872 page 120