Llanfaes sits on the south side of the River Usk at Brecon. It is now considered part of Brecon and is the home to a fourth Wesleyan Methodist site in the city. Walnut Square, Newmarch Street, Llanfaes is where, in 1874, a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built called Llanfaes Methodist Chapel. Its NGR is SO 0399 2859. Services were held in Welsh here until 1885 when it then amalgamated with the Dr Coke Chapel on Lion Street in Brecon which was part of the English Circuit. The Chapel still stands but by 1992 had become a private dwelling.