This assemblage of chapel, school and minister’s house was designed in an Italianate Gothic Revival style in 1875 by Alexander Lauder (1836-1921) of Barnstaple, who was responsible for a number of other Wesleyan chapels. Built of Portland stone, the façade was gabled with small towers. The chapel was approached by an inclined road planted with ornamental shrubs. At the time of the 1940 Statistical Returns, it could seat 330.
It was demolished when the Methodist and United Reform Churches in Chichester moved into shared premises.
The Architect Vol. XIV, 1875 p366
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947