The building illustrated was designed by George B. Ford of Burslem, and opened in 1871. It could seat 350.
A great deal of information about the chapel may be found at the Mow Cop website
The church closed in 2018.
Grid Ref: SJ862560
Reference: The eighteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872 page 134
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947