Central Hall was designed by Dunn and Findlay and erected in 1899-1901. In 1940 it had seating for 1167 on chairs, a schoolroom and 18 other rooms. By 1973 the church seated 1026 and the schoolroom 330. There were fifteen classrooms. It has ceased to be a Methodist place of worship and is now occupied by The Central Church.
Methodist statistical returns, 1940
Scotland District Statistical returns, 1973
John Gifford, Colin McWilliam and David Walker, The Buildings of Scotland, Edinburgh, p 256
Site visit 22 May 2017