The second Liddington Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was opened on 10 and 13 May 1849. No financial details or dimensions were provided in the application to the Chapels Committee. By 1860 the original building and subsequent extensions and alterations had cost £350. In 1940 the chapel measured 33 feet by 21 feet and seating was on forms. There was one schoolroom, 13 feet square and no other rooms.
In 1851 there were 50 free and 90 other sittings, 140 in all. Later reports usually put this figure at 127 but it fell to 102 in 1891 and down to 85 from 1911 to 1931. By 1940 it had risen to 125.
The chapel was situated on the east side of the village street, a little to the north of The Green (grid ref SP876972)
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/420/1/19
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, Methodist Conference Archive Register of applications to build Nos Nos 2167-3347, 23 September 1846 – 11 July 1850 No 3197, 22 February 1849
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/NDD 1-15, Annual trust returns, Nottingham and Derby District 1860-1878
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Oakhm Circuit 1873/500, 1881/566 1891/613, 1901/626 and Melton Circuit 1911/591, 1931/598