The building illustrated is Front Street, Tynemouth. It was designed by F.R.N. Haswell (1834-1912) an architect based in North Shields, whose father was the Wesleyan minister Rev. John P. Haswell (1790-1870). He designed a number of other Wesleyan Methodist chapels, and is the subject of an article by G.R. Potts
The chapel was erected in 1870, and , at a cost of £2,900, and was built to seat 717 persons. The church closed around 1934, becoming the Carlton Cinema until 1976. Demolished 1978.
Grid Ref: NZ370694
Reference: The sixteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1870 page 126
Potts, G.R. “F.R.N. Haswell, Methodist architect 1834-1912” Wesley Historical Society (NE) Bulletin, 53, March 1990, pp20-29