Old Dalby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (ii), Leicestershire

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1902. It provided about 160 sittings all of which were free in 1931. In 1940 the chapel which measured about 34½ feet by about 22½ feet had seating for 96 persons in pews on the floor of the chapel a further 13 in the choir gallery. There was one schoolroom (22¼ feet by 18 feet) and one other room
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit 1911/591, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Melton Circuit, 1931/598
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/694 (Melton Mowbray Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *