Ramsgate, Hardres Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1810. In 1851 it provided 220 free and 450 other sittings. In 1873 it had 786 sittings. In 1911 the “Wesleyan Centenary Hall and Sunday Schools” were built some distance away on the opposite side of the street (see separate page on this site). In 1940 it provided 600 sittings. It was subsequently demolished and replaced by a modern building (see www.mymethodisthistory.org.uk).
The National Archives HO129/70/3/47 1851 Ecclesiastical census
Returns of accommodation provided in Wesleyan Methodist chapels and other preaching places obtained by The Wesleyan Chapel Committee in pursuance of a minute of the Conference of 1873, London 1875, No 85
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No163
Site visit 13.11.2018