The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple (1836-1921), a prominent architect of Wesleyan chapels.
It could seat 1070.
Reference: The seventeenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1871 page 137
Returns of accommodation … 1873. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1875
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947