Garlinge, High Street, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Kent

Garlinge, High Street, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1869. Initially the seating capacity was 170 but this had risen to 180 by 1891 and 190 by 191. All seats were free by 1931. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel itself which seated 170 in pews, three school halls and one other room.
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Margate Circuit 1873/88, 1881/116, 1891/126 1901/124, 1911/119, 1931/121
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Margate Circuit, 1931/121
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/162, Margate Circuit

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *