Birchington, Canterbury Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Kent

Birchington, Canterbury Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1830. Seating capacity rose from 220 in 1873 to 248 in 1891 and fell back to 200 in 1911, all of which were free in 1931. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel itself which seated 209 in pews, a school hall and three other rooms.
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Margate Circuit 1873/88, 1881/116, 1891/126 1901/124, 1911/119, 1931/121
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD2 Returns of Accommodation provided by Wesleyan Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Margate Circuit, 1931/121
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/162, Margate Circuit

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *