The third chapel in our tour of the Isle of Purbeck. Swanage is the only town and this is the only chapel still used for worship. This is its website. There is a pdf leaflet with a good deal of historical information. John Wesley visited the town more than once; at that time it was a small place with fishing, farming and quarrying as its main occupations. With the coming of the railway in 1885 it developed into a typical Victorian seaside resort.
The chapel is on the south side of the High Street. Further down on the north side is a monument that records the visit of John Wesley in 1787.