The building illustrated was designed by Alexander Lauder of Barnstaple, and was built as the Sunday School for Cheap Street Wesleyan Chapel.
According to this site when the school opened, there were 800 names on the roll, and an average attendance of 590. In 1986, the building was sold to Sherborne School, and is now the Powell Theatre.
Grid Ref: ST637167
Reference: The eighteenth annual report of the Wesleyan Chapel Committee, 1872 page 128