Mark Churchill has found the following announcement in the Pimperne Parish Council News Autumn 2021.
“The Parish Council and local residents continue to be concerned about the dilapidated former Methodist Chapel and former Woodbury Cottage site in Chapel Lane. Work has not commenced on the site as yet and Dorset Council is experiencing further difficulties in obtaining satisfactory responses from the site owner. Dorset Council has confirmed that their powers are very limited in negotiations with owners of private sites. The Parish Council is currently considering further action options. “
Mark contacted Pimperne Parish Council to find out more about when it opened and closed and a bit more too. This was what he learned:
“The chapel was sold by the Methodist Church to the owners of the adjacent Woodbury cottage in 1972. The owners then used the chapel as a garden store/workshop until the whole site was sold to the present owner. The chapel is in a dilapidated condition (floor collapsed, cob walls deteriorating & covered in ivy), pending a change of use application yet to be sumitted.
The chapel is labelled on the 1928 Ordnance Survey map.