There were Methodists in Blandford during the lifetime of John Wesley but the first chapel was not built until 1834 in Doctors Close. The following information comes from a booklet published in 1985 to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of that first Wesleyan chapel in Blandford. Copy in the Archives of Blandford Town Museum.
The earliest reference is in the diary of George Storey, an itinerant preacher of the Salisbury circuit of 1784-5. In 1789 a licence was issued to John Twentyman of Doctors Close to hold meetings in his house. In 1795 there were 26 members. By 1805 this had fallen to 10 and appears to have ceased and then restarted in the late 1820s. The first chapel in Doctors Close was opened in 1834 and cost £700. This was enlarged in 1871/2 at a cost of £750. In 1892 a schoolroom was built at a cost of £627. In 1905 a further building was added on the west side.
The photo is taken from the east with the earliest part in the foreground; successive additions have been added to the west.
This is now the Blandford Methodist Church.
There was also a Primitive chapel See here.