Windermere WM Chapel was erected in 1867 at a cost of £698.There were 153 sittings in 1873. In 1940 the chapel had 122 sittings in pews and there was a schoolroom. It continues in use as a Methodist place of worship.
Cumbria Archives Service , Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97 Carlisle District property schedules, 1862-1877
Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1898-1917
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 12.4.2016.