Staveley, WM Chapel, Westmorland
Staveley WM Chapel was erected in 1846 at a cost of £400. Its exact location has not been established. There were 94 free and 68 lettable sittings and and standing room for 40 in 1851 and 108 in 1873. It probably closed when the new chapel opened in 1887.
The National Archives HO129/575/1/17 census of religious worship
Wesleyan seating returns, 1873
Cumbria Archives Service , Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97 Carlisle District property schedules, 1862-1877
Staveley, Kentmere Road WM Chapel, Westmorland
Grid ref SD471986
Staveley WM Chapel was erected in 1887. In 1940 the chapel had sittings for 160 in pews and there was a schoolroom. It was closed after 1991 and is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archives Service , Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle District property schedules, 1898-1917
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 16 April 2016